Last update: May 4, 2020 - 1:00 PM.
The corona epidemic affects us all, I sincerely hope that you read this email in good health. The health and safety of our customers our utmost priority, we do not want to endanger anyone unnecessarily. That is why we as an organization have taken a number of measures that can also affect your holiday. Please read the information below carefully. We keep a close eye on developments around the coronavirus and will regularly share updates on our website.
Due to the current situation across Europe and the measures taken, we have decided to postpone the opening of our campsites in Italy until June 13 and cancel all arrivals before June 13. For the other countries in our range, we have cancelled all bookings with arrival until May 28, 2020 as a precaution. If we can no longer offer your holiday, we will contact you to discuss the possibilities. If your booked campsite decide to open even later; we will of course contact you. In the above cases, you can rebook your holiday to another destination within our offer. If this does not work, you will receive a voucher for the paid travel sum with which an other holiday can be booked at a later time.
About the voucher
The voucher is valid for one year from the date of issue and can be used for all destinations in the Estivotravel offer. This means you can book your next holiday within 1 year after issue and exchange your voucher. The arrival date must be in 2020 or 2021. We are currently working on the prices for 2021, as soon as this can be booked we will inform you by e-mail. Because there is force majeure and the cause is beyond our control, you cannot claim any further compensation.
For departures from May 28/June 13, applies
At this time we cannot yet say with certainty whether your holiday will continue or not, this of course depends on the current situation at that time. At this time, the situation changes daily and it is not possible to look further ahead. We will review the situation no later than 14 days before your arrival and we will contact you if we have to cancel your holiday, we do our best to let you know earlier.
About your balance payment
The remainder of the payment must normally be paid no later than 8 weeks before the arrival date. Given the situation, we understand your uncertainty, which is why we have decided to extend it to 4 weeks (28 days) before the arrival date. You will not receive an amended booking confirmation.
What if I want to cancel my trip myself?
You can always cancel or rebook your booked trip with arrival from May 28/June 13, but there are currently costs involved. If you want to rebook your trip, please contact us and we will look at the possibilities together. For cancellations, the cancellation conditions apply, because of the coronaviris, we have made these terms less strict (see below). This means when canceling on your own initiative, in no case will you lose more than the current 30% before you have to make the final payment 28 days prior to arrival day;
We hope that you can soon have a pleasant and carefree camping holiday with Estivotravel. On behalf of the whole team, we wish you good luck and strength in this difficult but also strange time.
Director / owner Estivotravel